4 x 200 g chicken breast fillets
⅓ cup basil pesto
150 g shaved leg ham
4 slices Swiss cheese, halved
60 g baby rocket leaves
2 Tbsp balsamic dressing
cracked black pepper, to garnish
800 g brushed potatoes, peeled, washed, chopped
50 g butter, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- To make mash, cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Coarsely mash. Add butter. Stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place each chicken fillet between two sheets of baking paper. Gently pound with a meat mallet to slightly flatten to an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
- Transfer to an oven tray. Spread each fillet with 1 tblsp pesto. Top with ham, then cheese.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, toss rocket with dressing in a bowl.
- Garnish chicken with cracked black pepper. Serve with rocket and mash.