1 kg bag frozen oven fries
500 g beef stir-fry strips
2 tbsps barbecue seasoning
2 tbsps olive oil
1 onion halved and thinly sliced
1 red capsicum cut into thin strips
1 ½ cups grated tasty cheese
4 large hamburger buns halved and toasted
sliced tomato to serve
shredded iceberg lettuce to serve
barbecue sauce to serve
- Cook fries according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, toss beef with seasoning and half the oil in a bowl.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add beef in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove. Cover lightly with foil to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in same frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft and golden.
- Return beef to pan. Stir until combined. Sprinkle over cheese. Reduce to a medium to low heat. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly over bases of rolls. Top with tomato, lettuce and sauce. Replace tops. Serve with fries.