Hot potato, hot potato! These Sebago potato stacks are roasted in the oven with parmesan, garlic & thyme for a tasty side – perfect with a roast dinner.
⅓ cup thickened cream
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (60g)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 kg Sebago potatoes
fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
- Heavily grease a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity).
- Combine cream, thyme, garlic, half the parmesan, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Using a mandoline, cut potatoes into 3mm-thick slices. Add to cream mixture. Toss until potatoes are well coated.
- Evenly stack potato slices into prepared pan-holes. Cover pan with foil.
- Cook in a moderately hot oven (190C) for 30 minutes. Remove pan. Discard foil. Sprinkle over remaining parmesan.
- Return pan to oven. Cook for a further 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and edges are crisp. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 10 minutes.
- To serve, lift potato stacks onto serving plates. Garnish with thyme sprigs.