2 Tbsp olive oil
2 leeks, trimmed, halved
750 g zucchini, thinly sliced (about 4 zucchini)
3 cloves garlic, crushed
250 g packet dried instant lasagne sheets
cracked black pepper, to serve
75 g butter, chopped
⅓ cup plain flour
3 ½ cups milk
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 cups grated tasty cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
- Grease a large, rectangular ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity).
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add leeks. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Add zucchini and garlic. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender. Remove.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat until bubbling. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in mustard. Return to heat. Cook, stirring until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in 1½ cups of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, arrange one third of the pasta sheets, slightly overlapping, over base of prepared dish. Top with one-third of the zucchini mixture. Spread evenly. Pour over 1 1/3 cups of the cheese sauce. Repeat layering with pasta sheets, zucchini mixture and sauce. Cover tightly with greased foil.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°C) for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Discard foil. Sprinkle over remaining cheese. Return to oven
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Stand for 30 minutes before serving with cracked black pepper.