250 g packet granita biscuits
100 g unsalted butter, melted
400 g fresh cherries
aerosol whipped cream, to serve
500 g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
395 g can sweetened condensed milk
3 tsp finely grated fresh lime rind
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease a 24cm round loose-base flan tin.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press evenly over base and up side of tin.Place on an oven tray. Refrigerate.
- Using a cherry pitter, remove pits from 200g of the cherries. Cut in half.
- To make filling, process cream cheese, milk, rind, juice and vanilla in clean food processor until smooth.
- Arrange halved cherries, cut-side down, in a single layer over biscuit base. Pour the filling over the base. Smooth the filling over the top. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight until firm.
- To serve, use a cherry pitter to remove pits from remaining cherries over a bowl. Reserve juice. Scatter cherries over tart. Drizzle over juice. Serve with whipped cream.