This classic winter warmer just got even better with the addition of ginger! Stave off colds and chills with this wholesome beauty.
2 x 250 g chicken breasts trimmed
1 bunch bok choy trimmed
8 cups chicken stock
1 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic crushed
½ cup fresh coriander
- Place chicken in a stockpot. Add enough cold water to cover chicken. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to a gently simmer. Simmer for 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Leave chicken in pot for 5 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly. Thinly shred.
- Meanwhile, cut choy sum into 3cm pieces. Separate stems and leaves.
- Combine stock, ginger, soy and garlic in same clean stockpot over a medium to high heat. Bring to boil. Add choy sum stems. Gently boil or about 1 minute, or until tender. Reduce heat to medium to low
- Using a fork, whisk eggs in a jug until just combined. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir soup clockwise to create a gently whirlpool. Pour in eggs in a slow, steady stream. Stir in chicken. Remove from heat
- To serve, divide choy sum leaves among serving bowls. Spoon over soup. Top with coriander.