1 kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved crossways
2 Tbsp lemongrass paste
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
½ cup Thai yellow curry sauce
400 ml canned coconut milk
½ cup chicken stock
500 g chat potatoes, halved
½ cup fresh Thai basil, plus extra to garnish
steamed jasmine rice, to serve
lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Coat chicken in lemongrass paste in a large bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove.
- Add onion and remaining oil to same pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Return chicken to pan with milk, stock and potatoes. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil for 15 minutes. Uncover. Cook for a further 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Stir in basil. Remove from heat.
- Serve curry with rice and lime wedges. Garnish with extra basil.