2 x 250 g chicken breast fillets
2 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
300 g cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
375 g packet fresh lasagne sheets (8 sheets)
2 cups grated tasty cheese
2 cups water
2 x 10 g chicken stock cubes, crumbled
300 ml carton pure cream
3 egg yolks
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with half the oil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked. Cool. Shred chicken.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. Whisk all ingredients in a large jug until combined.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add leek, mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chicken and vinegar. Season.
- To assemble, spread ½ cup sauce over base of a 23cm x 30cm rectangular ovenproof dish (12-cup capacity). Overlap two lasagne sheets to cover sauce. Spoon over 1 cup chicken mixture. Scatter with ½ cup cheese. Pour over 1 cup sauce. Repeat layering with remaining lasagne sheets, chicken mixture, cheese and sauce. Cover with oiled foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Cook for a further 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Stand for 20 minutes before serving.