1 Tbsp vegetable oil
¼ cup tikka masala curry sauce
2 tsp ginger paste
2 cloves garlic, crushed
⅓ cup water
400 ml canned coconut milk
steamed basmati rice
toasted flaked almonds
500 g chicken mince
¾ cup dried breadcrumbs
1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
3 green spring onions, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- To make meatballs, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well. Using damp hands, roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls (makes 16).
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning regularly, for about 6 minutes, or until browned all over. Remove.
- Add combined pastes and garlic to same pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in water and milk. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Return meatballs to pan. Cover with lid. Simmer for a further 5 to 7 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve meatballs over rice. Sprinkle with almonds. Garnish with coriander