3 x 250 g chicken breast fillets
⅓ cup plain flour
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 ⅓ cups panko breadcrumbs
vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
1 avocado, halved and sliced
Japanese mayonnaise, to serve
3 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
1 large carrot (150g), peeled and shredded
2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup Japanese-style roasted sesame dressing
- Cut each fillet horizontally through the side to give two thin pieces. Place each between two sheets of plastic wrap. Gently pound with a meat mallet to slightly flatten to about 1cm thick.
- Dust chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. One at a time, dip in combined eggs and garlic. Coat in crumbs, pressing on lightly. Place on a tray.
- Heat oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken in two batches. Shallow-fry for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Cut diagonally in half.
- Meanwhile, make salad. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Serve chicken with salad. Top with avocado and mayonnaise.