1/5 kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup chopped fresh oregano
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper, to taste
12 x 22cm metal skewers
warmed pita bread, to serve
Preserved lemon mayonnaise
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp chopped preserved lemon
4 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced thinly sliced into rings
1 tsp paprika
¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- To make mayonnaise, combine both ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss chicken in large bowl with oil, vinegar, oregano and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Heat an oiled char-grill plate over a high heat. Add skewers in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- To make salad, arrange tomato on a serving plate. Top with onion. Sprinkle with paprika and scatter over parsley.
- Serve with salad, mayonnaise and pita.