2 Tbsp olive oil
750 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, sliced
1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
⅓ cup tikka paste
300 ml tub thickened cream
250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup fresh basil
1 cup basmati rice
½ cup frozen peas
toasted warm naan bread, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in three batches. Cook, turning occasionally for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Add remaining oil to pan with onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, over a medium heat for about 3 minutes, or until soft. Add paste. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to pan with cream, tomatoes and 1/3 cup water. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 8 minutes, or until tender, adding peas in the last 2 minutes.
- Serve curry with rice and warm naan.