Spice your regular omelette up a bit with this variation with Chinese vegetables and flavours.
Asian-style omelette sauce
¼ cup oyster sauce
1- 2 tbsp water
1 tsp finely grated ginger
850 g bag of oriental stir-fry vegetables
1 tbsp olive oil
1 crushed large fresh garlic clove
200 g quartered button mushrooms
4 thinly sliced spring/green onions
⅓ cup water
1 bunch coriander to garnish
- Microwave half an 850g bag of oriental stir-fry vegetables as directed and set aside.
- Spray a wok with a little olive oil and add 1 crushed large fresh garlic clove, with 200g quartered button mushrooms and 4 thinly sliced spring/green onions. Cook until just softened. Add the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Beat 8 eggs together with ⅓ cup water. Heat a small frying pan and cook ¼-cup portions of the egg mixture to make 8 omelettes. Stack the omelettes to keep warm.
- To serve, fill each omelette with cooked vegetables. Serve with fragrant rice and your choice of Asian-style Omelette Sauce or sweet chilli sauce if desired. Garnish with coriander sprigs.
- To make Asian- style Omelette Sauce, combine ¼ cup oyster sauce with 1-2 tablespoons water. Warm and serve drizzled over omelettes. Add some finely grated ginger for extra zing.