200 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
150 g unsalted butter, chopped
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3 free range eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup plain flour
2 Tbsp self-raising flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
extra cocoa powder for dusting
75 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ cup plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove. Cool slightly.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and combined sifted flours and cocoa. Stir until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- To make cookie dough, beat butter and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg. Add combined sifted flour and baking powder. Stir to combine. Stir in Choc Bits.
- Arrange spoonfuls of dough on top of brownie mixture. Don’t mix in.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 45 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Remove. Cool completely in pan.
- Lift brownie from pan. Dust with sifted extra cocoa. Cut into squares.