250 g chocolate biscuits
75 g unsalted butter
500 g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
½ cup caster sugar
1 Tbsp cornflour
300 ml tub thickened cream
400 g jar chocolate hazelnut spread
3 free-range eggs
100 g dark cooking chocolate, melted
¼ cup whole skinless hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
¼ cup puffed rice cereal
- Invert the base of a 24cm round springform pan (base measures 22cm). Grease base and side. Line base with baking paper.
- Process biscuits until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press evenly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make filling, process cheese, sugar and cornflour in same, clean food processor until smooth. Add cream and ¾ cup of the spread. Process until smooth, scraping down side of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, processing until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Place on an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 45 minutes, or until just set. Filling should still wobble. Turn off oven. Cool completely in oven with door ajar. Refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, make hazelnut crunch. Stir ingredients together in a large bowl until evenly coated. Spread onto a tray lined with baking paper to about 1cm thickness. Refrigerate until set. Chop into pieces
- To decorate, spread remaining chocolate spread over cheesecake. Sprinkle with hazelnut crunch.