Bananas and chocolate make an awesome pairing, and they taste delicious in these sweet muffins. Muffins can be stored in the freezer and defrosted when needed!
1 ⅓ cups plain flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
½ cup milk chocolate melts
1 cup mashed banana
½ cup vegetable oil
⅓ cup milk
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity) with muffin wraps.
- Sift flour, cocoa and soda into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and choc melts.
- Combine banana, eggs, oil and milk in a large jug. Mix well. Add to flour mixture. Stir until combined. Divide evenly among muffin wraps.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 18 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand muffins in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool. Serve.