melted unsalted butter, for greasing
100 g unsalted butter, chopped
⅔ cup dark chocolate melts
2 Tbsp instant coffee granules
¼ cup boiling water
⅔ cup caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
¾ cup self-raising flour
aerosol whipped cream to serve
drinking chocolate powder, to decorate
- Grease six microwave-safe cups or dishes (300ml-cup capacity) with melted butter.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high (70 per cent), stirring halfway through, for about 1½ minutes, or until smooth
- Meanwhile, dissolve coffee in water. Add to chocolate mixture with sugar. Whisk until combined. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in eggs, then flour, until combined. Divide evenly among the prepared cups.
- Arrange half the cups on the outer edge of the turntable in the microwave.
- Microwave on medium (50 per cent) for about 3½ minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean and cake is firm to touch. Remove. Stand for 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining cups.
- Serve dolloped with whipped cream. Dust with sifted drinking chocolate.