125 ml extra virgin olive oil
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp Dutch cocoa
250 ml sour cream
2 cups self-raising flour
½ cup walnuts finely chopped
chopped honeycomb pieces, to garnish
1 Tbsp Dutch cocoa, sifted
1 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
1 Tbsp light extra virgin olive oil
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin with extra oil. Preheat oven to 180°C fanforced (200°C conventional). Put oil and sugars in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking after each addition. Sift in cocoa and whisk. Whisk in sour cream. Sift in flour then gently whisk until just combined
- Spoon 2 cups of the batter into the tin and smooth surface. Combine nuts, extra caster sugar and extra cocoa in a medium bowl. Scatter over batter in tin. Spoon remaining batter over the top. Smooth surface.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely
- Add icing ingredients and 2 Tbsp hot water to a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Trim cake so it sits level. Transfer to a serving plate or cake stand. Spoon over icing, letting it drizzle down sides. Set aside for 30 minutes or until icing sets. To serve, garnish with honeycomb and extra walnuts.