6 egg whites, at room temperature
1 ½ cups caster sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp white vinegar
250 g punnet fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
melted white chocolate, to decorate
300 ml tub thickened cream
½ cup icing sugar mixture
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
250 g tub mascarpone
- Invert bases of two 24cm springform pans (base measures 22cm). Grease and line bases and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tblsp at a time, beating until dissolved. Beat for a further 5 minutes, or until thick and glossy. Fold in combined sifted cocoa and cornflour and vinegar. Divide evenly between pans. Smooth over tops.
- Cook in a very slow oven (120C) for 1 hour, 30 minutes, or until dry and crisp. Turn off oven. Cool in oven with door ajar for 1 hour. Remove.
- To make mascarpone cream, beat cream, sugar and vanilla in small bowl of electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold in mascarpone.
- Just before serving, sandwich pavlovas together with half the mascarpone cream. Top with remaining cream. Decorate with strawberries. Drizzle with melted chocolate.