2 chorizos (250g), finely chopped
75 g butter, chopped
⅓ cup plain flour
1 cup milk
1 cup grated tasty cheese
4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
extra ⅓ cup plain flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups breadcrumbs
vegetable oil, for frying
micro herbs, to garnish
½ cup aioli
2 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp smoked paprika
- Heat an oiled, medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add chorizos. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden. Remove. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Melt butter in a large pan over a medium heat until bubbling. Add our. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Return pan to heat. Whisk for a further 1 minute, or until boiling and thickened.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl with cheese, onions and chorizo. Season. Mix well. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until cold.
- To make paprika aioli, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using clean, damp hands, shape heaped tablespoons of mixture into croquettes. Dust in extra our. One at a time, dip in eggs. Coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat enough oil in a large, deep frying pan to shallow-fry over a medium to high heat. Add croquettes in three batches. Shallow-fry, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until golden. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve croquettes with paprika aioli. Garnish with micro herbs.