375 g frozen hash browns
2 chorizo, thinly sliced
8 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup milk
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup tomato chutney, plus extra to serve
450 g packet 20 cm flour tortillas, warmed
60 g bag baby rocket
- Cook hash browns according to packet directions. Cut in half diagonally
- Heat a lightly oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add chorizo. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until golden. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Wipe pan clean.
- Whisk eggs, milk and chives in a bowl until combined. Season.
- Heat same oiled pan over a medium to low heat. Add egg mixture. Cook without stirring for about 1 minute, or until edge starts to set. Using a wooden spoon, drag eggs from edge into the centre.
- Continue cooking, dragging and lifting eggs from side to side, until large curds form and eggs are almost set. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, spread chutney evenly across centre of each tortilla, leaving a 5cm border on each side. Top chutney evenly with rocket, chorizo, hash browns and egg. Fold in sides, then roll up tightly to enclose filling.
- Cook burritos, in two batches, in a heated sandwich press for about 2 minutes, or until toasted.
- Cut in half. Serve with extra chutney.