160 g frozen cherries
3 Tbsp caster sugar
1 Tbsp water
pinch ground cinnamon
70 g light margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract
140 g tub unsweetened apple sauce
30 g hazelnut meal
60 g egg
20 g coconut flour
40 g wholemeal self-raising flour
2 Tbsp low-fat milk
1 Tbsp low-fat vanilla yoghurt (optional), to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Spray 6 x 125ml (1/2-cup) ovenproof ramekins with cooking spray. Line the bases with rounds of baking paper
- Put the cherries, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, water and cinnamon in a small non-stick frying pan. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the cherries defrost and start to soften. Using a potato masher, break down the cherries. Simmer for a further 2 minutes. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Spoon cherry mixture evenly between the ramekins.
- Using a wooden spoon beat the margarine, remaining sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Mix in apple puree, hazelnut meal, egg, coconut flour, self-raising flour and milk.
- Spoon the cake batter over the cherries and smooth the surface. Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Using a flat-bladed knife loosen the edges of the ramekins and turn out carefully onto serving plates, removing and discarding the paper. Serve warm with yoghurt, if you like.