cooking oil spray, to grease
250 g plain sweet biscuits
150 g butter, melted
2 x 250 g cream cheese, chopped, softened
395 g can sweetened condensed milk
3 free-range eggs
300 ml sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
mixed fresh berries to garnish
icing sugar mixture to dust
- Preheat oven to 140ºC fan-forced (160ºC conventional). Grease base and sides of a 22cm springform tin with cooking oil, then line with baking paper.
- Put biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Pour in butter and process until combined.
- Press biscuit mixture into base of prepared tin using the base of a tumbler glass. Refrigerate while making filling.
- Put cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat with electric hand beaters on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour in condensed milk and beat again until smooth.
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla, then beat again, first on low speed until almost combined, then on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Pour mixture over biscuit base in tin and smooth surface. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until just set but still slightly wobbly in the centre.
- Turn off oven and let cake cool with oven door slightly ajar for 1 hour. Remove and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour then refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to chill.
- Serve topped with berries and a dusting of icing sugar