The choc chip cookie really is probably THE baking staple. Everyone has made them, everyone loves them – you'll love this recipe.
125 g butter, melted
½ cup caster sugar
1 ½ cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
100 g dark baking chocolate
100 g milk chocolate baking melts
100 g white baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced (180°C conventional). Line 4 oven trays with baking paper.
- Put butter and sugars in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in egg until combined. Sift in flour, baking powder and bicarb and stir until well combined.
- Roughly chop all chocolates into 1cm pieces and combine in a medium bowl. Stir 2/3 of the mixed chocolate pieces into dough. Set aside remaining.
- Roll dough into Tbsp-sized balls. Arrange on prepared trays about 5cm apart. Use a fork to gently flatten balls into discs about 1cm thick.
- Arrange remaining chocolate pieces on tops of dough discs, pressing in to secure.
- Bake, 2 trays at a time, for 12–15 minutes or until firm to touch and slightly golden around edges. To serve warm, cool completely on trays for at least 15 minutes. If serving later, cool completely on trays.