Celebrate good times! Who needs actual confetti when you can eat hundreds-and-thousands-coated bikkies? We're loving this colourful treat.
150 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
½ cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 free-range egg
1 ½ cups plain flour
½ cup hundreds and thousands
1 cup vanilla frosting
- Grease and line three oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Add flour and 2 tblsps of the hundreds and thousands. Stir until combined.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Dip tops in remaining hundreds and thousands to coat. Arrange about 3cm apart on prepared trays
- Cook two trays in a moderately slow oven (160C), swapping trays halfway through, for about 17 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to touch. Remove from oven.
- Stand cookies on trays for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining tray.
- To serve, sandwich two cookies together with 1 tblsp frosting. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting