What's better than chocolate cookies, you ask? Double chocolate cookies, of course! Place the dry ingredients in mason jars for pretty, DIY edible gifts.
185 g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
2 free-range eggs
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
¾ cup plain flour
¾ cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup caster sugar
- Grease three large oven trays and line with baking paper.
- To make cookies, place dry mix in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add butter and eggs. Stir to form a soft dough.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place 3cm apart on prepared oven trays. Press to slightly flatten.
- Cook two trays in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until starting to firm on the edges. Remove from oven. Cool on trays. Repeat with remaining tray.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.