250 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
½ cup caster sugar
⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 eggs, room temperature
1 ¾ cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cups rolled oats
200 g block white chocolate, coarsely chopped
½ cup dried cranberries
- Grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in combined sifted flour and baking powder. Add oats, chocolate and cranberries. Mix well.
- Using damp hands, roll ¼ cups of mixture into balls. Place 4cm apart on prepared trays. Press to slightly flatten
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°C), swapping trays halfway through, for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to touch. Remove. Stand on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.