A tempting and satisfying breakfast or snack, this loaf is packed with muesli, sugar-reduced cranberries and wholemeal flour. Best part, it's freezer-friendly!
410 g canned pear slices in juice
½ cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
⅔ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
½ cup reduced sugar dried cranberries
1 cup muesli
butter, to serve (optional)
- Grease a 12cm x 22cm medium loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
- Drain pears, reserving ½ cup juice. Thinly slice pears.
- Whisk oil, eggs, sugar and reserved juice in a large bowl until combined. Stir in pears.
- Sift flour over the top of pear mixture. Return any husks to bowl. Add cranberries and ½ cup of the muesli. Stir until combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Sprinkle over remaining muesli.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 1 hour, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve loaf warm or cold. If preferred, cut into thick slices and toast. Serve with butter.