375 g spiral pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
8 bacon rashers (550g), rind removed, thinly sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
250 g fresh baby spinach leaves
2 cloves garlic, crushed
300 ml light cooking cream
1 cup finely grated Parmesan
⅓ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
½ cup finely chopped semi-sundried tomatoes in oil
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Return to pot. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until crisp. Remove bacon. Cool frying pan slightly. Reduce heat to low.
- Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, until soft. Add spinach and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted. Add cream. Bring to boil. Stir in bacon.
- Stir spinach mixture into pasta with parmesan, parsley and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a serving dish and serve hot.