1 medium sourdough cobb loaf
250 g frozen spinach or kale, thawed
250 g block cream cheese, room temperature
40 g packet salt-reduced dry French onion soup mix
250 g tub sour cream
¾ cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see notes)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
fresh baby carrots to serve
capsicum cut into strips to serve
mixed tomatoes to serve
crackers to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Take a slice from the top of the cob and set aside. Carefully remove the centre of the cob, leaving enough bread around the crust to make a case. Set the soft centre pieces aside.
- Squeeze any excess liquid from the spinach. Beat cream cheese until smooth, add the French onion soup mix, then the sour cream. Fold in the spinach and half the walnuts. Season to taste with black pepper.
- Spoon the dip into the prepared cob and replace the bread lid. Wrap tightly in a double layer of foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until centre is warmed through.
- Meanwhile, take the soft centre pieces of bread and tear into pieces, place into a large bowl. Add olive oil and garlic and toss to coat. Spread onto a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, tossing a few times. Let cool on the tray.
- Transfer the cob to a serving platter and serve with vegetables, crackers and prepared garlic bread pieces. Garnish with remaining walnuts.