Making enough for 8, this crepe recipe is a clever idea for a beautiful dinner party dessert, or special family supper. They make a zesty but sweet treat.
1 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup plain flour
melted unsalted butter, for greasing
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 tbsp raw sugar
vanilla bean ice-cream, to serve
thinly sliced lemon, to decorate
- Combine milk and egg in a medium jug. Whisk until smooth.
- Place flour in a large bowl. Whisk in milk mixture until smooth.
- Heat a greased, 20cm round, non-stick frying pan with melted butter over a medium heat. Pour ¼ cup batter into pan. Swirl to cover base.
- Cook for about 1 minute, or until golden underneath. Turn over. Cook for a further 1 minute, or until golden underneath. Repeat to make eight crepes in total.
- To serve, drizzle juice over crepes. Sprinkle over sugar. Roll up. Serve with ice-cream. Decorate with lemon slices.