400 g chat potatoes
200 g packet streaky bacon rashers, thinly sliced
1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, halved
6 boiled free-range eggs, peeled, halved
1 baby cos lettuce, base trimmed, leaves separated, large leaves torn
2 Tbsp Dijonnaise
½ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
¼ cup water
salt and pepper to taste
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Cool slightly. Thickly slice and place in a large bowl.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a jug.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, medium, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Add asparagus to same pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add 2 tblsps water. Cook, stirring for a further 30 seconds, or until just tender.
- Add asparagus and bacon to potatoes with half the dressing. Toss gently to coat
- To serve, arrange lettuce on a serving platter. Top with potato mixture and eggs. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish with extra chives and pepper