8 large Roma tomatoes (900g), halved lengthways
1 tbsp olive oil
fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
1 ¼ cups fresh breadcrumbs
¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh chives
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Arrange tomatoes, cut-side up, in an oiled, large roasting pan.
- To make crumb topping, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and herbs in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk oil with garlic and mustard in a jug. Add to breadcrumb mixture. Mix well.
- Divide crumb topping among tomatoes. Drizzle with oil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until tops are golden and tomatoes are tender.
- Serve garnished with thyme sprigs.