A healthier alternative to the potato version, our zucchini fries don’t skimp on flavour.
3 medium zucchini, trimmed
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
⅓ cup plain flour
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil spray
garlic aioli, to serve
- Cut a zucchini in half crossways. Cut each piece in half lengthways. Cut each half lengthways again into three even strips, to make a total of 12 lengths. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Place eggs in a shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley in a separate, shallow dish. Toss zucchini in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, shake away excess.
- In batches, dip into eggs, then toss in breadcrumb mixture, pressing on to coat.
- Place in a single layer on two large oven trays lined with baking paper. Spray with cooking oil.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), turning halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until fries are golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately with aioli.