Cook against the clock – this portable office lunch will satisfy your hunger with a delicious lunch that you can make ahead!
4 thick slices pane di casa bread loaf
50 g butter, softened
80 g shaved leg ham
80 g shaved roast pork
1 Tbsp American mild mustard
120 g sliced pickled cucumbers, drained
4 slices Swiss cheese
25 g baby spinach leaves
salt and pepper to taste
- Spread one side of each slice of pane di casa bread with butter.
- Divide the ham then pork evenly over two slices. Spread evenly with the mustard.
- Top each with cucumbers, cheese and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Place remaining bread slices on top, buttered-side down to make sandwiches.
- Wrap sandwiches tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate, until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, cook sandwiches in a heated sandwich press for about 2 minutes on each side, or until lighted toasted. Cut in half.