1.6 kg pork neck, trimmed
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 red onions, finely chopped
⅔ cup chicken stock
½ cup orange juice
steamed rice, to serve
steamed corn cobs to serve
1 lime, cut into wedges to serve
1 x canned black beans, drained, to serve
2 Tbsp olive oil
5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
1 Tbsp finely grated orange rind
1 Tbsp ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
- To make rub, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Add pork. Rub evenly
- Heat an oiled, large, flameproof casserole dish (16-cup capacity) over a medium heat. Add pork. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until browned all over. Remove.
- Add oil to same hot dish with onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in stock and juice. Return pork. Bring to boil. Cover with lid.
- Cook in a slow oven (150°C), turning halfway through, for about 2 hours and 30 minutes, or until pork is tender and falling apart. Remove from oven. Cool pork in cooking juices for 30 minutes.
- Using tongs, pull pork into pieces, leaving it in its juices. Serve with rice and beans, corn and lime wedges. Garnish with coriander.