When life give you lemons, do what Baby Mac does and make her dead easy and delicious recipe for sweet lemon curd. It makes a thoughtful homemade gift too!
zest and juice 4 lemons
4 extra egg yolks
1 ½ cups caster sugar
160 g chilled butter, chopped
- Combine lemon juice and zest in a bowl and set aside.
- Into a saucepan (not yet over heat) mix together the whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar with a whisk.
- Place saucepan over medium heat, then whisk in a little butter, followed by a little of the lemon juice mixture. Continue to slowly add the butter and lemon juice, whisking constantly after each addition.
- Keep whisking until all the butter has melted and the curd has thickened. This took me about 10 minutes. You’ll know when it’s ready as it’s smooth, thick and did I mention, delicious?
- Pour hot curd into sterlised jars and cool to room temperature before chilling.