These fudge cookies use the gooey chocolate bar favourite, Mars Bar, to give it an extra level of chocolatey deliciousness. The kids will love these cookies…
150 g dark chocolate, chopped
75 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
½ cup caster sugar
⅓ cup cocoa powder, sifted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 x 53 g Mars bar
- Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Combine chocolate, butter, sugar and cocoa in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove. Cool.
- Whisk together eggs and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir into chocolate mixture. Fold in combined sifted flour and baking powder. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place 5cm apart on prepared trays. Press with palm of hand to flatten slightly. Cut each Mars bar into 12 slices. Gently press a slice onto each cookie.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C), swapping trays halfway through, for about 18 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Cool completely on trays. Serve.