This packet cake mix creation is perfect for cooking with kids – chocolate cookies get a makeover with red velvet.
365 g packet red velvet cake mix
½ cup white chocolate chips
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
½ cup milk chocolate melts, melted
- Grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Combine the cake mix and White Choc Bits in a large bowl. Add oil and egg. Stir to combine. Reserve frosting sachet for another use.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of the mixture, about 6cm apart, onto prepared trays.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), swapping trays halfway, for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove. Stand on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spoon melted milk chocolate into a medium snap-lock bag. Squeeze into one corner. Twist bag and snip tip. Drizzle over cookies. Stand at room temperature until set.