Give your Weet-bix a break from breakfast and turn them into a sweet Easter treat! With a white chocolate and speckled egg top, they taste as good as they look.
150 g unsalted butter, chopped
⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
⅓ cup golden syrup
300 g white cooking chocolate, chopped
250 g weet-bix (15 pieces)
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp cocoa powder
125 g packet candy-coated speckled crispy chocolate mini eggs
- Lightly grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
- Place butter, sugar, syrup and 100g of the chocolate in a medium saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until melted. Remove from heat.
- Process half the Weet-Bix in a food processor until finely crushed. Transfer to a bowl. Process remaining Weet-Bix with coconut and cocoa until finely crushed. Return from bowl to processor.
- Add butter mixture to combined Weet-Bix mixture. Process until combined. Press firmly over base of prepared pan.
- Place remaining chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl sitting over a small saucepan of simmering watering. Stir until melted. Pour over slice. Smooth over top. Decorate with eggs. Refrigerate for about 4 hours, or overnight until firm.
- Lift slice from pan. Cut into pieces.