1 eggplant (400g), cut into ½ cm-thick pieces
800 g sweet potatoes, cut into thin wedges
1 tbsp olive oil
1 loaf Turkish bread, split in half
⅓ cup tomato and herb pizza sauce
1 ½ cups grated mozzarella
250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
⅓ cup basil pesto
Salt and pepper, to taste
100 g mixed salad leaves
1 tbsp balsamic dressing
- Heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add eggplant in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned and tender. Remove.
- Toss potato with oil. Arrange on a large oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 25 minutes, or until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, place bread, cut-side up, on an oven tray. Spread with sauce. Sprinkle over half the cheese. Top with eggplant, tomatoes, teaspoons of pesto and remaining cheese.
- Cook in same hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve cut pizza with sweet potato wedges and salad leaves tossed in dressing.