Have a shot of espresso in your jelly shot – it's sure to inject some excitement into your dinner party dessert
3 tsp powdered gelatine
¼ cup cold water
¼ cup instant coffee granules
¼ cup caster sugar
2 ½ cups boiling water
⅓ cup chocolate-coffee-flavoured liqueur
2 Tbsp vodka
300 ml tub thickened cream
cocoa powder, to decorate
- Place 12 serving glasses on a tray (½-cup capacity).
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in a small, heatproof jug. Sit jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove jug from pan.
- Meanwhile, dissolve coffee and sugar in boiling water in a large, heatproof jug. Stir in hot gelatine mixture. Cool slightly.
- Stir liqueur and vodka into coffee mixture (makes 3½ cups). Pour evenly into glasses. Refrigerate overnight until firm.
- Beat cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a 1cm star nozzle.
- To serve, pipe cream onto jellies. Dust with sifted cocoa.