These fajitas will fly off the plates – everyone will thank you for this delicious family meal. Put on a movie and dig in!
40 g packet fajita seasoning mix
500 g uncrumbed chicken schnitzel
1 cup fresh coriander
¼ cup Greek yoghurt
½ large iceberg lettuce, thinly shredded
12 mini tortillas, heated
- Reserve 3 teaspoons of the spice mix in a small bowl.
- Place remaining spice mix in a large bowl with chicken schnitzels and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove. Cut chicken crossways into 1 1/2 cm slices.
- To make salad, finely chop half the coriander and place in a large bowl, reserving remaining leaves for garnish. Add yoghurt and reserved spice mix. Mix well. Add lettuce. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with tortillas, salad and extra yoghurt. Garnish with reserved coriander leaves. If preferred, serve with medium chunky tomato salsa (optional).