You can make this sauce up to one month ahead – make sure you label and date it, and it's good to go!
1 cup passata sauce
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup white vinegar
⅓ cup muscovado sugar, firmly packed
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp sweet paprika
grilled meats and salad to serve
- Whisk sauces, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and paprika in a medium saucepan over a medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, sterilise jar and lid, wash in hot, soapy water. Rinse well. Boil in a stockpot of water for 15 minutes. Remove with tongs. Drain on a wire rack until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Place jar and metal lid on an oven tray in a slow oven (150C) for a few minutes, or until they are completely dry. Carefully remove.
- Pour hot sauce into hot sterilised jar. Seal with lid. Cool. Serve sauce with grilled meats and salad.