4 x 125 g skinless white fish fillets, bones removed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
⅓ cup plain flour
vegetable oil, for frying
600 g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
240 g snow peas, trimmed
½ cup Greek yoghurt
lemon wedges, to serve
1 ½ cups basmati rice
50 g butter, melted
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tsp ground turmeric
Salt and pepper, to taste
⅓ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- To make turmeric rice, cook rice in a large pan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Drizzle with butter combined with garlic and half the turmeric. Season. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with dill. Fluff with a fork to combine.
- Working with one piece of fish at a time, dip in eggs combined with 2 tbsp water, then coat in flour combined with remaining turmeric.
- Heat enough oil to cover the base of a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Carefully add fish. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Boil, steam or microwave sweet potato and peas, separately, until tender.
- Serve fish with yoghurt, rice, vegetables and lemon. Garnish with pepper.