You can even swap frangelico for rum, brandy, whisky or any flavoured liqueur. Say hello to your new favourite treat!
reserved cake crumbs
60 ml Frangelico
¼ cup finely chopped peanuts
200 g dark chocolate melts, melted
silver cachous to garnish
edible gold dust to decorate
- Put cake crumbs in a large bowl. Crumble until fine.
- Measure out 2 cups of crumbs and discard remainder.
- Pour in Frangelico.
- Pour in chopped nuts and stir to combine.
- Using your hands, squish together 1 tablespoon of mixture, then roll into a ball. Repeat to make 18 balls.
- Line a large tray with baking paper. Dip balls into melted chocolate, 1 at a time, to coat. Remove balls using a fork, tapping off excess chocolate, and transfer to the tray.
- Scatter truffle balls with cachous. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes, or overnight, until chocolate has set. Brush with a little gold dust. Serve.