Nut-free and fruity, these bars are delicious, magical muesli goodness that can be popped in kids lunches with no allergy worries!
125 g unsalted butter, chopped
⅓ cup raw sugar
2 Tbsp honey
1 ½ cups quick oats
1 cup puffed rice
¾ cup diced dried apricots
½ cup sultanas
⅓ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup plain flour
¼ cup pepitas
½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
- Place butter, sugar and honey in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Cool for a further 5 minutes
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add butter mixture. Stir until well combined. Using clean hands, firmly press mixture over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan.
- Lift slice out of pan. Cut into bars.