Mini eggs add an Easter touch to these fabulous giant-sized cookies – but when all is said and done, cookies can be easily decorated with choc-chips or your favourite chopped candy bar.
250 g salted butter, room temperature
1 ¼ cups caster sugar
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups plain flour, sifted
2 x 125 g packet candy-coated speckled crispy chocolate mini eggs, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line 2 flat baking trays with baking paper. Place butter and sugar into a bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Reduce speed to low, adding eggs a little at a time. Mixing until combined. Gradually add the flour, beating until well mixed.
- Chill mixture for 10 minutes. Scoop large walnut-sized portions of the mixture and roll into balls with lightly floured hands.
- Place onto baking trays, spacing well apart to allow for spreading. Press chopped mini eggs into the surface of the biscuits.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden around the edges. Cool on trays. Repeat with any remaining biscuit mixture and mini eggs. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 7 days.