¼ cup brown sugar
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
⅓ cup Greek-style natural yoghurt
5 slices gluten-free multigrain bread, for making into gluten-free breadcrumbs (see below)
1 Pink Lady apple, skin on, coarsely grated
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup sultanas
1 cup frozen mixed berries
icing sugar mixture, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole 1/3-cup capacity muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put eggs, sugar and 60ml water in a large bowl and beat, using an electric hand mixer, for 1 minute or until thick and pale. Add oil and yoghurt and beat until smooth.
- Stir in breadcrumbs (see below) and apple, then cinnamon and baking powder until well combined and a crumbly mixture forms. Add sultanas and ½ of the berries, mixing until just combined. Divide mixture into prepared tin – a slightly heaped ¼ cupful into each hole. Sprinkle over remaining berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden on top. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- Put 3 slices of bread at a time into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse several times until desired consistency is reached.
- Tada! Your homemade breadcrumbs are ready for this recipe.