Just in time for the Royal Wedding, and satisfying our craving for all things millennial pink, Gordon’s has brought pink gin to Australia.
It’s described as having “the natural sweetness of raspberries and strawberries, a tang of redcurrant and the subtle flavour of junipers.” It sounds like the perfect drink to trick your brain into thinking it’s mid-summer, and not approaching winter.
Foodiful readers have not been quiet about their love for gin – we ooh’ed and ahh’ed at salted caramel gin, the genius gin and tonic Easter egg, and gin and tonic icy poles – but none of them were available in Australia. Rude!
It’s our great pleasure to be finally included in the global gin-love we have been excluded from for far too long.
Gordon’s also provided us with two ideas to best enjoy our tipple:
Gordon’s Premium Pink Gin Spritz:
- Fill a large wine glass with ice and add 45ml Gordon’s Premium Pink Gin
- Add 45ml Prosecco
- Add 90ml lemonade
- A squeeze of fresh lemon
- Garnish with strawberries
- Contains 1.8 standard drinks per serve
Gordon’s P&T (Gordon’s Premium Pink Gin & Tonic)
- Fill a large wine glass with ice
- Mix 45ml Gordon’s Premium Pink Gin with 100ml tonic water
- Garnish with slices of fresh strawberries
- Savour your P&T moment
- If tonic isn’t your thing, try it with chilled lemonade
- Contains 1.4 standard drinks per serve
Sydney-based Hannah Oakshott is a tea-obsessed pop culture enthusiast who can usually be found showing people pictures of her two miniature schnauzers or baking sweet, lemony food. Hannah is on Instagram @hannah.mareeee